Waikite Valley Thermal Pools is excited to announce that we are re- opening on Thursday 14th May. Opening hours will be slightly reduced, opening at 10.30 am and closing at 8.00pm, first pools draining at 7.15 pm,last private pool bookings 6.30pm.
In order to ensure that we adhere to the Level Two restrictions our complex will look and feel a little different. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to ensure the safety of all.
We will be operating under the following guidelines:
- All visitors on the premises including in the pools will be required to maintain a 2 metre distance from other people/ groups of people at all times
- To achieve social distancing you may, at times encounter a controlled entry which will result in delays in entering the complex. Also, to accommodate social distancing and in fairness to all visitors we ask that you limit your visit to no longer than two hours.
- We will not be allowing groups of more than 10 persons to enter the premise
- All visitors entering the complex will be required to provide their contact details.
- Any persons with Covid- 19 symptons are not to enter the premises.
At this stage, our café will be open for takeaway coffee and cakes only.
Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
is a unique place to come and experience the ‘Living Waters’ of the Te Manaroa Spring
- the largest single source of 100% pure geothermal water in New Zealand. This pure spring water cascades into our main Settlers pool
(35-38°C) and adjoining toddlers' beach area as well as the sit 'n' soak pool
(38-40°C) and our luxurious tranquil garden and pergola pool
s. Our spacious changing rooms, with toilets and high pressure hot showers, are family-friendly and also offer wheelchair access.
Enjoy nature’s ambience in one of our private spas
. Control the temperature of your individual private pool, which looks out over Waikite Valley, native bush and surrounding geothermal activity.
We also have an informative Eco-Trail
. Of geological and botanical interest, this educational walk leads to the spectacular Te Manaroa Spring
. Along the way learn about the different fern and moss varieties
that are unique to just a few geothermal areas in the southern Rotorua area.
After enjoying our unique waters and exploring the Eco-Trail
, relax with an ice cream, cold drink, coffee, snack or casual meal from the ‘Pukeko in a Ponga Tree’ Cafe
. Serving simple yet fresh snacks and meals the cafe has a spacious covered outdoor seating area that looks out over the pools and the valley beyond.
Adjoining the pool complex is a 20-site campground
with shower, laundry and kitchen facilities. Being handy to other attractions in the area, such as Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland and the Rainbow Mountain Summit Track means Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
is the ideal spot for those passing through travelling by van, motorhome or tenting.
Situated 25 minutes south of Rotorua
off SH5, Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
is the perfect place to relax and unwind all year round.
The pools are open from 10.30am to 8.00pm seven days per week all year round (except Christmas Day).
All pools are DRAINED DAILY with the first pool drained at 7.15pm
To enhance your bathing experience, all pools at Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
are drained and refilled every night.
You won't find bathing water this pure anywhere else in New Zealand!
Normally open from noon to 7pm daily, the Pukeko in a Ponga Tree cafe
sometimes has to close early due to staffing issues in a small rural community.